How to Sell a Car at a Dealership
When it’s time to upgrade your Mamaroneck travels with a great new ride, then you don’t have to spend time going around town trying to sell your current car on your own. The team at BMW of Mamaroneck is here to break down the process of how to sell a car at a dealership where you can use the earnings from your current car to put towards the purchase of your next ride. Learn more at BMW of Mamaroneck today and then stop by and see our inventory in person!
How Does Selling Your Car to a Dealership Work?
So, how does selling your car to a dealership work? First, you’ll need to ensure your car is at its best, and here’s a quick guide on how to do so below:
- Clean Up Your Car: Having your car washed, detailed, and replacing small parts like windshield wipers or floor mats is a great way to increase the value of your vehicle before you bring it to the dealership.
- Write Down the Benefits Of Your Car: Having a detailed history of the maintenance record of your vehicle, a list of its additional features, and a list of its accessories like extra key fobs or bike mounts will increase the value of your vehicle and make it more appealing to dealerships.
- Have Your Car’s Title on Hand: Having your vehicle’s title ready when you sell it will save time on the dealer’s end and get you your offer faster.
- Research Your Car’s Value: Use tools from Cars.com, Kelley Blue Book, or your local dealership to find the trade-in value of your car. You can use this number to negotiate your price or get an approximate value for what the dealer is willing to buy your car for.
- Pick Your Dealership Wisely: If you have a newer, gently used vehicle then most New Rochelle dealerships will buy it regardless of their inventory or the car’s initial condition. However, if you have an older model car then you may find it’s easier to sell it at a used car dealership instead.
What to Expect When Selling Your Car to a Dealership
Once you’ve gotten everything in order, see how BMW of Mamaroneck makes it easy to sell your car and get back on Harrison roads in your next ride below:
- Make an Appointment: While you can walk into a dealership and sell your car, it’s best to make an appointment so the dealer knows to expect you and can have the proper documents ready.
- Used Car Manager: Most dealerships will direct you to a Used Car Manager or a salesperson to handle the sale. They’ll collect your information, then run a vehicle history report on your car.
- Inspection: In some cases, the Used Car Manager will inspect your vehicle, or they’ll have it taken to their service center for an inspection of its quality and mechanical condition.
- Consider the Offer: Based on what the dealership offers you, you can accept the offer or go to another dealership to see if you can get a better offer.
Benefits of Selling Your Car to a Dealership
Now that know how to sell a car to a dealership around Harrison, here are some of the benefits you’ll enjoy when you opt for this fast and efficient option below:
- Save Time & Avoid Hassles: Avoid the hassles of selling your car privately and save time. You won’t have to worry about listing your car online, fielding potential buyers, and inviting strangers to your Harrison home for test drives.
- Lower Your New Car Price: Using your vehicle as a trade-in allows you to apply your current vehicle’s value towards your new car. This allows you to offset the price of your new vehicle or significantly lower your monthly payments.
- Save on Your Taxes: When you trade-in your current vehicle and purchase another vehicle from BMW of Mamaroneck, you only pay the sales tax on the difference between the trade-in value and the cost of your new car.
Sell Your Car to BMW of Mamaroneck Today
Now that you know more about how to sell a car in NY, you can seal the deal on your next ride for New Rochelle roads. Shop for your next car at BMW of Mamaroneck with our rotating selection of new vehicle specials or national offers and incentives. Speak with our sales team if you have any questions or check out more helpful car buying tips and tricks. Contact us today for more information on how to sell a car at a dealership or stop by for a test drive here in Mamaroneck!
More from BMW of Mamaroneck
If you’re ready to upgrade your Mamaroneck and Harrison drives with a sharp, luxury SUV, then you owe it to yourself to check out the new 2022 BMW X7 configurations. With several excellent models to choose from that feature their own performance, specs, exclusive cabin features, and so much more, there are plenty of…
There’s truly an ever expanding list of electric vehicles available on the market for New Rochelle shoppers these days, and BMW’s newest addition is the i4, a clean-looking sports sedan EV that brings class, power, and handling together in a package that is as fun to drive as it is just to look at! What’s…
A new BMW can elevate your Harrison and Mamaroneck drives in many ways, and the new 2022 BMW X7 interior is no exception. This enhanced three-row luxury crossover SUV enables more people to come along for the ride and transforms your daily drive with a host of advanced features and amenities. Get a closer…